Francisco Colasanto was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1971. Lives in Mexico since 2006
He obtained his degree in electroacoustic composition from the “Facultad de Ciencias Sociales” of the Universidad Nacional de Quilmes
Mr. Colasanto worked as professor of music and technology at National School of Cinema (ENERC), Centro Cultural Ricardo Rojas, LIPM (Centro Cultural Recoleta) and at the ORT Institute (Producer of electroacustic arts)
He was awarded with the following distinctions:
• Cultural Ministry of Spain (2000)
• Fundación Antorchas (2003)
• Cultural Ministry of Spain (2006)
• Harvard University Studio for Electroacoustic Composition (Live Electronic Music Competition 2006).
• Juan Carlos Paz Prize (2004) granted by the "Fondo Nacional de las Artes" Argentina.
• Giga-Hertz award 2009
• Ibermúsicas 2013
He is currently assistant director of the Mexican Centre for Music and Sonic Arts (CMMAS) located in the City of Morelia, México.
He composed music for several projects (dance, theatre, installations, movies, commercials)
Is the author of the book: “Max/MSP: guía de programación para artistas”